For the construction and the implementation of this investment, SUNLIGHT Recycling, entered into a strategic collaboration with Engitec, a global leader in engineering, procurement, construction and operation of lead-acid batteries recycling plants. This collaboration ensures unrivalled quality in the design of the plant, the construction of the equipment, and the recovered materials. The production process of the plant has been shaped using cutting-edge expertise, ensuring top environmental performances. More specifically:
- Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) in the environment, by utilizing water closed-loop systems.
- Zero discharge of electrolyte (acid) through the neutralization process of acid and its conversion into high-quality industrial salt (sodium sulphate).
- Zero Air Pollution: The advanced and specially designed air pollution control and abatement system minimises SO2 (sulphur dioxide) emissions.
- Minimization (<5%) of solid hazardous waste (slag).
- Elimination of lead emissions achieving ultimate metal recovery through the use of advanced air filtration systems for the ultimate capture of dust.
- Solid waste minimisation, using the innovative technology of desulphurization.